Msu Material Transfer Agreement

September 28, 2021

Before receiving human materials or contacting MSUT, faculty members must first pilot research plans on human-made topics and materials through the Human Research Protection Program, where the research plan is reviewed by one of the three assessment bodies (IRBs). Contact our office to start the transmission of data related to your research. MTAs are managed by U-M Tech Transfer. Intellectual property rights may be threatened if materials are used in the absence of an appropriate MTA. If you receive help with MTA questions, contact John Corthell. AEDs are typically used when the data transfer does not involve an exchange of funds, although in rare cases a preparation fee may be levied from the recipient organization. Cost-sharing cooperation: Research and cost development, under which the partner and GLBRC provide funds, is usually carried out under a Research and Development Cooperation Agreement (CRADA). Regulates the transfer of material from U-M to another organization. A Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA) (sometimes referred to as a Confidentiality Agreement (NDA) or Confidentiality Agreement) is a legal contract governing the exchange of proprietary or confidential information. The agreement is used when it is necessary to share confidential or protected information with an outside party for restricted purposes, while protecting it from disclosure to other parties or the public. A CDA is also used when the loss of patent rights must be avoided due to early publication.

Exchange of Information and Materials: GLBRC uses confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements to protect proprietary information while held by our researchers. Confidentiality and material transfer agreements are also used to enable the Centre to provide companies with GLBRC information and materials that are considered confidential. GLBRC members use different types of contractual agreements to meet the needs and interests of industry, public and local governments, federal authorities and other organizations. Below are brief descriptions of the most common types of technology transfer contracts. When buying materials for a standard order, an MTA is usually not required. Work through your department or contact MSU Purchasing to obtain the materials. In cases where data from humans only is transmitted, a request for a Data Use Agreement (DUA) should be submitted. These agreements are executed at the same time as equipment rental and loans from the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects. A Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA) is a legal contract governing the exchange of proprietary or confidential information. Learn more or send a request for an agreement. Before sending or receiving personal data, MSUT must confirm that informed consent has enabled such transmission and that appropriate security measures have been taken where the dataset contains protected health information (PHI) or personally identifiable information (PII).

. . .

No Comments »

Comments are closed.